Okay, so let me just say that I love balls! Protein balls, that is! (Where did you think I was going with this?) They are an excellent way to get protein after a run or a hard workout and well, for me, they take care of that sweets craving without the sugar overload!
Ever since I found my new favorite plant protein, I have been looking for ways to include it in my foods and Wallah! Sweet Potato Protein Balls! (Did I mention I love balls? Sorry, I digress!) I haven’t posted any of my supplemental nutrition meals, but lately I have been thinking “Why aren’t you?” The whole purpose of VeggieCentric is to help people get more veggies on their table! So, from this day forward, I will also be giving you ways to up the veggie ante in your smoothies and BALLS!
Let’s get to the recipe!
Sweet Potato Protein Balls Print
- 1 sweet potato, pre-roasted in the oven and cooled
- 1 scoop of Life’s Abundance Plant Protein (yep, that’s my secret ingredient) http://bit.ly/LeisOnLife-PlantProtein
- 2 tbsp of hemp hearts (I love Manitoba Harvest!)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tbsp almond butter (I used Sprouts fresh made)
- 1 tbs chopped walnuts (I chopped mine rather fine, because I don’t want a crunchy ball)
- 1 tbs chopped raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Remove sweet potato from skin and place in bowl
- Add protein powder, hemp hearts and oats and stir to combine.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the ingredients set.
Remove from fridge and take a cookie dough scoop to create balls and roll in your hands. (Great trick, wet your hands lightly, to keep the ball from sticking)
Place the balls in a Tupperware type container. They should keep for about a week.
Enjoy those babies and share them with your fam!! (Don’t keep them for yourselves, they are meant to be shared!!)
I took a tip from my beautiful friend Sara Giboney at Sweet Success! Sara went on her local TV news and brought them some protein balls covered in hemp seeds! I was like “Hello beautiful!” (to the balls, and well, yes, to Sara too!) So, I had to follow suit. Here is my final glorious version of my Sweet Potato Protein Balls! They are seriously OMG good!
I love Life’s Abundance Plant Protein so much! It has no added sugar, no artificial flavors or preservatives, is Non GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free and Soy Free, and SERIOUSLY tastes AMAZING!! I love the product so much, I became a LA Field Rep. If you would like to try the most delicious plant protein ever, click here: Plant Protein
You are going to be blown away! Have a great day all and remember, we are all getting a new LeisOnLife by getting more veggies on our table at every meal!!
Lots of Love!