Well this week has been a blast on my scopes! I have been participating in the FindTheMoneyProject with celebrity fitness expert and entrepreneur, Danny-J Johnson, where we were challenged to eat all the food in the house BEFORE going shopping. Gotta say, I rose to that challenge.
In this episode, we ate all the eggs in this awesome Fritatta!! And pulled ingredients from what we had in the cupboard.
MexiCan Veggie Frittata Print
- 8 eggs
- Dash of heavy cream
- 1/4 white onion(s), chopped
- 1/8 cup diced carrots
- 1/8 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup cooked turkey taco meat
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, drained (you could also use black beans)
- 5 grape tomato(es), sliced in half
- 4 mushrooms (in the video, I had one)
- 1/8 cup of canned of quartered artichoke quarters, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese
- Better than Boullion – Vegetable
- Parsley leaves – fresh
- Celery leaves – fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 450.
- I love my cast iron skillet. It is perfect for making a frittata! Spray the bottom of the skillet with cooking spray. Place skillet over medium heat and add diced onions, carrots and celery and cook for about 4 minutes until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the 8 eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
- Smash and dice 2 cloves garlic and add to pan.
- Add in the tomatoes, mushrooms and artichoke quarters. Then spread the vegetables around the skillet in an even layer.
- Add in the turkey taco meat and mix with vegetables.
- Add in tsp of Better than Boullion.
- Add in beans.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and sing “Fritatta”!!
- Top Fritatta with celery and parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cook on low heat for about 1-2 minutes.
Place skillet in oven for about 5 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese, if desired.
Slice the Frittata like you would a piece of pie. Top with any of the following ingredients: cilantro, chiles, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa – – the choices are endless!!
This Fritatta fed my family several meals and/or lunches this week! Super economical meal!
So open your fridge and challenge yourself to come up with new meal ideas!!!!
Check out my Periscope cooking video below: