Roasted Pesto Tomatoes Print
- 4 large red tomatoes
- 3tablespoons good olive oil
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto, store-bought or homemade (check out my recipe for Hemp Pesto Sauce) Hemp Spinach Basil Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove stems from the tomatoes and slice them across (not through the stem) in half.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on a sheet pan. Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil and sprinkle with the oregano, 11/2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper.
- Bake the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven, spread pesto sauce on the top of each tomato, and sprinkle with the fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Return the tomatoes to the oven and continue baking for about 7 minutes, until the Parmesan is melted and begins to bubble.
These tomatoes refrigerated well and made for an amazing addition to my lunches the rest of the week!
Check out my Periscope cooking demo:
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Tomatoes Roasted with Pesto. Check out her recipe below: