I had the best time making this Hemp Basil Pesto with Zoodles. It has oodles of veggies!
Zoodles Caprese with Hemp Spinach-Basil Pesto Print
• 1 zucchini spiralized
• 1 yellow squash spiralized
• 1/4 cup basil leaves
• 1/4 cup fresh spinach
• 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
• 1/8 cup pine nuts
• 1/2 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp pepper
• 1/2 cup Cherub tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup Ciliegine (cherry sized-mozzarella balls), halved
• 1/2 cup of artichokes, quartered
• 1 green onion, sliced
• Olive Oil, as needed for pesto
• Water, as needed for pesto
And the recipe made plenty to freeze for later. I put the pesto in an ice cube tray and made individual cubes that can be used in any dish to add a burst of flavor! How cool is that!Directions:
- In a food processor or blender, add basil, spinach, hemp oil, Parmesan cheese, hemp seeds, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Add in olive oil or water, if pesto is too thick.
- In a large serving bowl, toss zoodles with pesto, until pesto evenly coats the zoodles.
- Top with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, artichokes and green onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
Check out my Periscope broadcast cooking demo of this dish by clicking on the link below.