The holidays are upon us and we all have so many places to be. Here is an awesome dish you can make ahead and bring to those holiday get-togethers! Your friends and family will love you for it!
Chicken Sausage N Veggie Stuffed Shrooms Print
- 12 extra large cremini mushrooms (stems removed)
- 3 Kale leaves (removed from stem and chopped small)
- 1 rib of celery (diced small)
- 1/4 cup carrots (diced small)
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 pound chicken sweet italian sausage
- Diced stems of mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 3 scallions (minced)
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesano Reggiano (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves – minced
- Preheat Oven 450
- Mix olive oil and Marsala wine and brush mushrooms
- Add olive oil to pan and cook onions until translucent
- Add celery, carrots and kale and cook for 3 minutes
- Add chicken sausage (removed from casing) and brown (approx. 5 minutes)
- Add in the mushroom stems and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and scallions and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in panko crumbs
- Add in ricotto and blend
- Take off heat
- Stir in Parmesan, parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each shroom with sausage mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Top with a sprinkle of parsley and green scallions
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes
- Lightly sprinkle grated Parmesano Reggiano over the top of the mushrooms
These are great to take to a Superbowl or Oscar Party, so you can make sure you are staying on track, and some of the guests may really appreciate this option too!!
Check out my Periscope broadcast cooking demo of this dish at the link below.
Thanks for joining me on our new